Careers after techwriting?

Subject: Careers after techwriting?
From: Solveig Haugland <solveig -dot- haugland -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:42:08 -0600

Hi all,

This might be the wrong list to ask but I've noticed that a lot of
techwriters pass the 5-15 year mark and switch to product management.
Occasionally to other things. What do you find are the typical
post-techwriting careers?

I'm on my own right now doing training, editing, books, a little graphic
design, etc., in Colorado and it's fun but if I'm not more solid on the
$ and focus front in a year, I'll be heading back to the (sigh) normal
world to something with more power and at least a different set of day
to day problems. Thoughts on what other techwriters switch to, how easy
to get into and fun those careers are, any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Solveig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
beyond_rtfm -at- yahoo -dot- com

Beyond RTFM: Tshirts for Techwriters
http://www.cafeshops.com/techspeak

?It?s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross.
But it?s not for the timid.?
Q: Star Trek: The Next Generation

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com