Re: Using Acrobat 4 with Word

Subject: Re: Using Acrobat 4 with Word
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:15:15 -0400

Acrobat 4 (I'm using 4.05) does not create a menu in Word,
just the toolbar button. When you click the toolbar button,
a dialog box opens with 4 tabs -- General, Output, Bookmarks,
and Display Options. If the "Use Acrobat PDFWriter" radio
button is selected on the General tab, none of the options
on the other tabs are available, but when you select the
"Use Acrobat Distiller" radio button, you can set options
on all of the tabs.

These options include creating bookmarks from the doc's
headings or styles, choosing which links to carry over,
whether hyperlinks are boxed in, all that good stuff.

If you want to change the Distiller settings for
optimization, you need to open up the distiller application
and do it there (and I believe the default settings are
write protected, so you need to find them and change the
file attributes first). These settings include default page
size, color management, and embedding fonts.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher

> I'm uses Acrobat 4 to convert a Word document to pdf. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an "Acrobat" menu on my Word toolbar...

...Does anyone know whether it's supposed to show up if you're using Acrobat 4? If not, how are you supposed to set preferences for choosing characters such as whether bookmarks will display automatically in your pdf?

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com