RE: Rather OT -- No Friday Techwr-l humor yet?

Subject: RE: Rather OT -- No Friday Techwr-l humor yet?
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark_levinson -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Some years ago, a friend taught me how to
> spell "Technical Writer" in Sanscrit

Back in the late 1970s, a visitor from Iran
wrote out "Technical Writer" for me in Farsi
on a little sign to stand on my desk.

She said, "I used the word for 'writer', and
I modified it with the word for 'technical',
but when you put them together in Farsi
they don't really add up to anything."

Little did I know that a quarter century
later, the meaning of the term would remain
disputable in English...

=====
http://sbc.yahoo.com

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com