Thinking Strategically about Documentation

Subject: Thinking Strategically about Documentation
From: "Jim Shaeffer" <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:04:21 -0400

I have been challenged to "think strategically" about documentation.
This year, I'm invited to participate in our company's Long Range
Planning. This means a presentation about my area and where it could or
should be three years from now.

What would you focus on? What would you want to say?

In case your interested:

I'm already gathering feedback from our customers about changes they
might like to see in our docs.
I'm in the loop with our development team and management. (I don't get
blindsided more than three times a week.<grin>)

The bottom line will be the bottom line. Our management is all about the
business case and working the plan.

The things I'm producing:

Windows Help for users.
Printed documents for system administrators.
HTML pages providing Help for Internet applications.
Content for Web pages.
Computer-based training keeps coming up as a possibility.

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com