RE: Acrobat Catalog - Files and Filenames

Subject: RE: Acrobat Catalog - Files and Filenames
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:21:19 -0500

Andy,

Question 1: From what I understand (an have always done for the close to 10 years I've been using Catalog to build PDF indexes), yes you must include all the file or the indexing won't work. Dov Issacs can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the search function uses those files to be able to perform the search.

Question 2: Can't help you here. I have tried to avoid spaces in the file names, but they are not all caps and they are long file names. I haven't had anyone complain they can't access them - yet!

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas, TX (yep, that one)