Re: Resume and Cover Letter Writing for a Novice

Subject: Re: Resume and Cover Letter Writing for a Novice
From: "Deborah S. Ray" <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:56:05 -0600

cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com wrote:

I'm just wondering if anyone could get me some suggestions as to what technical communication hiring managers want to see in a resume and cover
letter. Should they be plain? Should any graphical elements be included?
Should cover letters be persuasive or just present the facts?

You might check out the following TECHWR-L articles:

Get More Interviews With a T-Letter
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/tletter.html

Ten Strategies for Conveying "I'm a Will-Do Person"
in Your Job Search (Part One)
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/beingresourceful.html

Five Strategies for Conveying "I'm a Will-Do Person"
in Your Job Search Documents (Part Two)
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/gettingstarted/jobsearchdocuments.html

Developing a Letter of Application
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/lettersofapplication.html

Developing a Thank You Letter Following
a Job Interview
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/followupletters.html

Good luck in your job search!
Deborah
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Publisher/Editor

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com