Re: The saga ended (or is it continuing? (was Re: A sticky contractor situation: no pay yet?)

Subject: Re: The saga ended (or is it continuing? (was Re: A sticky contractor situation: no pay yet?)
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:38:20 -0400

"Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com> wrote on 07/21/2003 12:43:51 PM:

> When I do hand him the envelope (never opened), I do plan on mentioning
that
> fact, and see what the response it.

Why on Earth would you want to do that? If you want to continue working
for this client, I'd just hand the envelope back a keep my mouth shut. All
that pointing out the postmark and your distrust is going to do is sour
the relationship.
If they are guilty as you suspect, your persistence this time may have put
them on-track to improving the situation. Pointing out your suspicions and
your "proof" will possibly just make the client defensive which will
ultimately result in them being hostile towards you.
If they are not guilty of any offence, pointing out the problem will only
make them be wary of you. They'll be wondering why you're so suspicious.
Take the high road and just keep quiet. If you want to CYA and track
problems for future reference, keep a photocopy of the envelope. Then if
the client is habitually late and you need to prove it, you have the
evidence.

Eric L. Dunn

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com