Re: Resend Numbering or Numbering List article Maybe - Numbering With Sequ---ence Fields.

Subject: Re: Resend Numbering or Numbering List article Maybe - Numbering With Sequ---ence Fields.
From: amdohlman -at- uwalumni -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:51:36 -0600

Again, help with Word's numbering is needed:

> In the last few months - I have been diligently saving all the emails on
> Numbering and Numbering Lists As I infrequent need to create a document which
> I need to include them...Horrors the directory where they where supposed to
> safely reside is empty.

Here's some other resources available on the web dealing with Word's
numbering (or lack thereof, as the case may be):

Page Numbering --> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm
List Numbering --> http://www.knopf.com/tips/autonumber.html

The MVPS site is excellent and is recommended around these parts often - a
little digging might get you more on list numbering in addition to the
page numbering I mention above (since I don't think that's what you're
really looking for).

There's also a document floating about the web, I believe, called
something like "The Seven Laws of Word's Outline Numbering." If you search
for it, you should find it.

Good luck with it!
Amy Dohlman

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com