RE: single sourcing in Intercom

Subject: RE: single sourcing in Intercom
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

With regards to the Intercom article, what about the
reasons for "rolling your own" from an employer's
perspective?

I mean, as an author, I like to add such skills and
the experience and project is cool, and quite a resume
padder.

But--here I go, am about to tag myself as a faithful
WWP-addict <lol!>--is the reason for rolling your own
in this case appropriate and, moreover, is the result
single sourcing?

Cheers,

Sean

P.S. Am not asking if you think single sourcing is
real, myth, a waste of time, or the coolest thing
since the pan galactic gargleblaster--am wondering
about the Intercom article. I wonder if this article
accurately represents the scope of the single sourcing
discussion at the last STC annual shindig?

--- eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:

> > That said, there are some uses for XML within
> smaller/plain
> > projects. TOCs, Index, and Glossaries are a
> perfect place to use XML
> > no matter the size of your project.
>
> Care to elaborate? How do you use XML for TOCs,
> Index, and Glossaries?
>
> How is this "XML" approach different from using
> tools/features in Word or
> FrameMaker?

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com