Re: Bug tracking application

Subject: Re: Bug tracking application
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

No.

Tell me more, tell me more . . .. We use Perfect
Tracker for our bugs, have 2 dedicated QA guys, and a
formal QA process. We even had the head of QA
complaining about docs in a special meeting a week
ago--but my CHMs and PDFs (1500 topics, 800-1000
pages) don't get reviewed. This week, there was a
significant hole in the docs with regard to a
frontline feature--the content was missing--and it was
either not noticed and not logged or not logged by the
QA'ers. Another tester noted in an e-mail that they
never read the docs, they just "play" with the
software.

So, am hoping for bug tracking software that brings a
carrot and stick--big stick--approach to the table.
Yes?????

Anyway, I like Perfect Tracker because those bugs I do
have (and I log bugs against myself) let me easily and
publically organize my work.

Cheers,

Sean

--- John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi, guys...I've recently started using an
> application on our intranet called
> FogBugz where my readers can post bugs and
> suggestions. I've been using it
> for about a week and I've already seen benefits.
>
> Anyone else using something like this to collect
> feedback from their
> readers?

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com