contract night time gig

Subject: contract night time gig
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:40:51 -0400

I'm interested in find a contract tech. writing
>assignment that I could do in the evening, in addition
>to my regular job. Anybody got any suggestions on how
>to go about looking?

Hi,

Most people (friends and family) already know that your full-time job is
techwriting. And of course, they know you're good at it too.:-)
What you can do, is tell your friends and family and most people that you
know that you are looking for some contracts. Word will get around and soon
enough you will find something. It worked for me. I am now translating a web
site from France that belongs to my brother's friend (he is founder of the
company). And he is paying me for it.

Best bet is to try that first, it takes time. It wont happen overnight. If
that doesnt work, then start cold calling your old employers, headhunters,
agencies that you worked with in the past. There are so many 3 month
contracts to be done and they are looking for the perfect person to do it.

/G

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com