Re: topics opened via cross modular link not displaying properly

Subject: Re: topics opened via cross modular link not displaying properly
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:14:03 -0400

From: "Lawson, Peter" <peter -dot- lawson -at- ontariopork -dot- on -dot- ca>

> I have developed a large modular html help system with numerous links
> between chm files. Recently I noticed that on my home machine when I jump
> to a topic via a cross modular link, the html file appears in the topic pane
> but the style sheet and graphics linked to the html file do not load. If I
> open the same topic through the contents pane, the entire topic displays
> fine. At work the links work fine. The only potential culprit I can think
> of is that at home I've recently upgraded to Windows XP and Internet
> Explorer 6 while the office is running Windows 2000 and IE5. Could this
> have somehow caused the problem? Has anybody ever heard of this?

I would mention one thing to you, because I think it's important. IE 5 is
known to be buggy and people have moved away from it whenever possible.
Relatively few people are still using it because of its errors. I'd recommend
making sure (at work) that your system works in IE 6, which behaves somewhat
differently than IE 5, particularly 5.5. My response may not help you at all,
but I feel duty-bound to make it in view of your using IE 5 without batting an
eye. ; )

Bonnie Granat
Granat Editorial Services
Editing | Writing | Research
http://www.editors-writers.info

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com