Re: Track changes function in Word 2002?

Subject: Re: Track changes function in Word 2002?
From: "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 05:26:45 -0400

> I've wondered if most of the dislike for the balloons is,
> like you wrote, due to normal human resistance to change
> rather than lack of functionality.

I was aghast when I saw the balloons, but now I wouldn't want
to switch back. Maybe the efficiency of the functionality
depends on the nature of your changes. If there are a few
changes and all you need is a casual reminder of them, the
balloons are fine. And there isn't all the interference
in your running text, with the attendant risk of finding that
the final file has an extra or missing period or space that
went unnoticed in the clutter. I imagine that if you have
a lot of changes and they are important in their minutiae,
the balloons may be harder to keep track of...

Mark L. Levinson
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

http://mail2web.com/ .

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com