Re: linking to PDFs and opening in a new window

Subject: Re: linking to PDFs and opening in a new window
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:02:54 -0600

On 30 Jul 2003 at 11:14, ? wrote:

> I'd like to be able to create a link in a PDF file to another PDF file
> that opens in a new Acrobat Reader window. Is this possible? ++

If you hold the CTRL key while selecting a link, the document will
open in a new window. I have a document that I use as navigation
window for other PDFs, and I have this text at the beginning of the
page:

Note: The default Acrobat Reader setting is to keep only one
document open at a time. Therefore, when you select a document
from below, this list of Application Notes may be replaced by
the new document. If you would like to keep this list open when
opening the new document, you can override this setting by
holding the CTRL key when you select the link, or by clearing
the "Open Cross-doc Links in Same Window" check box in the File
| Preferences | General menu of Acrobat Reader.

Dana W.

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com