How nosy are you? REDUX

Subject: How nosy are you? REDUX
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:11:08 -0400

Remember I started this thread with the example of a request I sent to the
manager of DB Engineering...I saw him today face to face this morning...we
were passing in the hallway.

Me: "Did you get my email yesterday about getting copies of your server
documentation?"
Him: "yeah...they're on a shared drive, I'll send you the link at lunchtime.
However, now that I know someone besides the DBAs is looking at them, give
me a day to verify that they are still accurate."

Two benefits...others get the information and they are made "more accurate".

No "what are you doing snooping"

...does the end justify the means? That's kinda like the question "There are
no stupid questions."

Yes, often the end does justify the means, and yes, there are stupid
questions.

John Posada
Information Hunter-Gatherer
Special Projects; Information Technology
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com