RE: environment

Subject: RE: environment
From: "Bulloch, Scott" <scott -dot- bulloch -at- sap -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:21:12 +0200

I currently work in an "open-plan" cubicle office. It's good for exchange of work-related information. If I need some privacy, we have these "fishbowls" (alcoves) that we can go into, or I can don my headphones.

At a previous job in VA, they housed our team in an old meat locker. Okay, not really, but the building we were in was a Safeway grocery store at one time, and the area we sat in used to be where the meat locker and butcher shop was located. So, the area we sat in got nicknamed "the meat locker." We sat fairly close together at terribly non-ergonomic desks. It didn't help that the microwave was about six feet away, either. People should never microwave leftover fish... ever.