Re: Header and Footer margins problem in MS Word 2002 doc

Subject: Re: Header and Footer margins problem in MS Word 2002 doc
From: lisava -at- psitek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:57:32 -0600

Hi There,

The answer is simple - you need to replace the normal page break from the
first page to the second page with a section break (Insert Menu - Break -
Section break types - Next Page.)

Once this has been done, you need to view the headers and footers and you
will see the text on the second page in the header and footer section(Same
as previous). There is a button on the Header and Footer bar called Same
as Previous (5th one from the end), you need to click the button so that
it is deselected and then scroll up to the first page and insert the
relevant header and footer for the first page.

NB: Make sure you click the Same as Previous button for the footer as well
- you will need to scroll down to the footer - click inside the dotted
border and then click the Same as Previous button to deselect the button.

I hope this helps. If you get stuck - give me a shout.

Cheers
Lisa

A closed mouth gathers no foot.