RE: How does Microsoft create the help files for Microsoft Word?

Subject: RE: How does Microsoft create the help files for Microsoft Word?
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:31:15 -0700

I suspect that different workgroups use different tools, as David seemed to imply. At least, that's the way it was when I was there. The group I was in used an HTML editor to create source files in HTML. Our help was only destined for online CHM format, so there was no need to use Word for print format (yippee!).

The HTML that Word generates is absolutely rotten (pardon the frank opinion). OTOH, the Print function from CHM files is also pretty bad.

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135