Re: How does Microsoft create the help files for Microsoft Word?

Subject: Re: How does Microsoft create the help files for Microsoft Word?
From: Dave Brown <david -dot- brown -at- tait -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:43:27 +1200

Amanda,

I have done a little with this when setting up templates.
In my case, all prompts were hardcoded within visual basic scripts. I am
guessing that you can also access external help files somehow.

In the VB help, look up 'Office Assistant'

Below is an example from the VB help.

The following example creates a balloon that contains tips for saving entered
data.

With Assistant.NewBalloon
.BalloonType = msoBalloonTypeBullets
.Icon = msoIconTip
.Button = msoButtonSetOkCancel
.Heading = "Tips for Saving Information."
.Labels(1).Text = "Save your work often."
.Labels(2).Text = "Install a surge protector."
.Labels(3).Text = "Exit your application properly."
.Show
End With

And of course, don't forget to check out
http://www.microsoft.com/Office/clippy/game.asp

--
Regards,
Dave Brown d8¬)»