Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

Well . . .

--- wpsynek -at- datadesignservices -dot- com wrote:

> I've never had to use RoboHelp before but now have
> X4. Does this not work
> well with FrameMaker to create help files?

That's not what you said--or what I thought you said.
I thought you said you wanted to use RoboHelp to
create FrameMaker files. No?

> I also have Webworks Publisher and used it a bit to
> create some XML

This is an apples and oranges thing. Using WWP to
create online help and using WWP to create XML are two
different things. Have you used RoboHelp to create
XML?

But, the problem is your folks cannot use FrameMaker,
right (why not? methinks they'd like it).

> but
> have to admit that app baffled the H*ll out of me
> (and of course there's
> no budget for training). I have no idea if I'd be
> able to create help
> files with that or not.

WWP 2003 will have you making help files from
well-made FrameMaker files within 30 minutes . . .
and then you'll want to customize some (for example,
the standard templates do not include your company's
logo).

But, that doesn't aid in getting RoboHelp content into
FrameMaker.

Cheers,

Sean