Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances

Subject: Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
From: "Gary S. Callison" <huey -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:24:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Gary S. Callison wrote:
bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info ("Bonnie Granat") wrote:
> "J. Ressler" <jressler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
> | Compare the clearance requirement to the requirement for a college degree.
> They are not comparable. You can GET a college degree. I cannot get a
> clearance on my own.

You can, actually, but only if you meet the criteria. The easiest way,
assuming you're under 35 or so, is to cruise on down to the local
military recruiting office and enlist for a military specialty that
requires a clearance. Of course, you'll have to spend several months in
training even for a Reserve or National Guard assignment, but this is one
way that people can walk in off the street and get a security clearance.

--
Huey Callison, 11B, 96B, 63W