Re: Interview Question

Subject: Re: Interview Question
From: Tom Murrell <writerboy642 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 05:55:45 -0700 (PDT)

Bonnie Granat got an interesting question during a
telephone interview: "What is the single most
important documentation for a software developer?"

Interesting question, and I don't know the answer or
the answer they were looking for.

I do know that some interviewers ask questions that
have no one right answer or may have no right or wrong
answer at all. The purpose of such questions, and this
one may fall into the category, is to learn something
about the interviewee by how she answers the question.

A simple version of this is the "tell me something you
didn't like about your last job or your last boss."
The interviewer doesn't care about your last job or
boss, but they are interested in how you answer the
question for what it says about you.

This question, it seems to me, might fall into that
category.

FWIW,

=====
Tom Murrell
--New Email Address; Same Great Taste!--

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com