DTD for mechanical engineering?

Subject: DTD for mechanical engineering?
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:50:41 +0200

Hi

We are looking at a project that would involve combining mechanical engineering documentation from dozens of vendors into one user-maintainable system.

An obvious approach would be to transform all documents to XML, based on a common DTD.

In order not to reinvent the wheel, we are looking for existing DTDs or XML schemas for mechanical engineering documentation. We know about DocBook (which is probably too general but could perhaps be adapted), and searching the Internet turned up a German project, Mumasy.

Can any of you either comment on Mumasy or point us to other DTDs or schemas that might be useful?

Thanks
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de