Using Screen Shots in Online Help

Subject: Using Screen Shots in Online Help
From: "Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:56:31 -0700

Use a screen shot if:

1. It illustrates your point clearly, and

2. Some illustration of your point will be helpful to the reader.

Otherwise, it doesn't help the reader. Things that don't help the reader
are best omitted.

Which reminds me of a joke. A layman once asked a sculptor, "How do you
turn a slab of marble into that statue of an elephant?"

The sculptor replied, "I simply knocked off all the bits that didn't look
like an elephant."

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon