RE: The Results (Long)

Subject: RE: The Results (Long)
From: "Victoria Nuttle" <vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:24:40 -0500

There are always going to be writers who look great on paper and don't
match up in real life (I know I've worked with a few). Likewise, there
will most likely be some writers who look questionable on paper (based
on whatever bias you have while reading their resume) that will be a
perfect fit for a position. And I'm sure there are even a smattering of
writers who look good on paper and are even better in person. You never
know until you interview.

One thing I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet - you obviously
had some very strong impressions of them from their interviews. Do the
upstanding thing and let them know why they were not hired. Tell the
underdressed ones that they didn't give a professional impression in
shorts. Tell the ones with bad writing samples what they should focus
on to improve their writing. I wouldn't be surprised if these people
haven't gotten any other interview feedback telling them the real
reasons they weren't hired.

Victoria J. Nuttle
Technical Writer, Creative Automation
vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com