RE: Fun Interview Stories

Subject: RE: Fun Interview Stories
From: "Lorraine Kiewiet" <Lorraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:17:56 -0700

Andrew, you don't live in the Bay Area, do you?!

My story cannot compare. I interviewed for a tech writing company at a
smallish software manufacturer. The first 15 mintues of the interview
consisted of the HR lady telling me what a beast the Prez of the company
is. How he micromanages everyone. How terribly smart he is, but that
makes him think that everyone else should be that smart. Then she poses
a bunch of hypothetical situations and wants to know what I would do.

Finally we got to the JOB description. I was happy to get out of there.
That was too weird for me.

On the way home, however, I realized that I had blown it. I should have
asked her if I could go into his office and shake his hand, and then
come back and answer some of her questions.

--Lorraine
Lorraine Kiewiet
Senior Associate I
Information Technology
(213) 488-8728
lorraine -dot- kiewiet -at- mullinconsulting -dot- com