RE: interviews and ethics

Subject: RE: interviews and ethics
From: Allan Ackerson <Allan -at- profitsystems -dot- net>
To: "'Oja, W. Kelly'" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:03:35 -0600

Tickled my memory bone with this one. I once told an employer that I had a
better offer (which I did), but I'd stay if they'd come close (not match
it--just come close). I got the "don't let the door" treatment. What was
funny about it was after I left they wound up hiring two people to replace
me and paid both of them more than I had been getting.

Cheers!
Al

++++++++

First of all, in these somewhat tough economic times, what is to stop the
employer from saying "No" to
the tactic? "Well, we're sorry to see you go, don't let the door hit you in
the butt on your way out."

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone