InDesign Question & Linking Question

Subject: InDesign Question & Linking Question
From: "Jamie Porras" <JPorras -at- daktronics -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:13:33 -0500

Hello. I've just started a new position, and we are working on several
exciting new things. However, I have a few questions, and I would love
to receive some input.

Linking
Can I create a link from a Word document to a separate PDF file? If so,
how? I've experimented and investigated with no success.

InDesign
Have any of you used InDesign for working with large docs (between
100-500 pages)? My new employer is committed to Word and has ruled out
FrameMakers. However, we are acquiring InDesign. Currenlty, manuals are
created as a master doc with approximately 20 sub docs. I need to be
able to create an index, table of contents, appendices, etc. InDesign
said it can perform these functions - has anyone had any success using
it?

Thank you all in advance for your input. I hope to be able to answer a
question or two myself pretty soon. Take care.

Jamie