Re: [OT] The opposite of indexing

Subject: Re: [OT] The opposite of indexing
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:15:39 -0400

France Baril wrote:

The French speaker in me has a little vocabulary issue. What is the opposite of indexing? Is it de-indexing, deindexing or something completely different?
Merci,

In what sense do you mean the opposite of indexing?

A book is indexed or it is not indexed (unindexed, perhaps, although that strikes me as awkward).

If you are talking about data access methods, I have a vague recollection that the opposite of indexed is queued (ISAM vs. QSAM), but I'm foggy on that point.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]