RE: The last minute crunch

Subject: RE: The last minute crunch
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

this reminds me of last semester. We had this
monumental task of writing a research report for our
tech comm class, we being me and my 2 group members. I
found that even though we had 2 months of time to do
it, we werent able to avoid the last minute crunch. We
were going to each write a certain section of the
document and then i was to take all of the sections,
edit them and put them together into one coherent
document as well as working with the layout to put the
graphics in the right place. Combined with their late
arrival(2 days before the project was due) and their
complete lack of any grammatical editing whatsoever. I
ended up working a total of almost 40 hours in 2 days
to get the document put together. I found that I had
ended up spending much of my time working with the
layout. Im sure most of you have probably had the
problem where you add a few words here and a picture
jumps onto the next page somewhere else in the
document. Funny part was, I was so tired when i was
done with all this, i didnt even proof-read the thing.
Im just glad that i told them to do so much work, 3-4
pages is a lot of information, especially when its
times 4(i had done 2 sections). The document was so
thorough that the proffesor gave us a good grade
despite the lack of a proof-read(there were some
really bad mistakes in it). Thank god for the 7 marks
of excellence in technical communication.

Isljam Ljaljicic II

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com