Re: blue background, white text

Subject: Re: blue background, white text
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:50:36 -0400

Sean Hower wrote:

--------------------------------
Marshall, Anna writes:
Changing your Word options to blue background and white text can be a great proofreading strategy as well. Although I usually try not to proofread on screen, I occasionally change the screen and font colors to help me see the work differently.

How so?

Sean,

Actually, this makes quite a bit of sense. It is easy to miss "Paris in the the spring"-type errors, even for an experienced proofreader, if you don't get out of the rut of reading forward, right-side-up, black on white. Back when proofreaders worked in pairs, the final reading might be word-for-word backward. I know people who routinely proofread upside-down (typos really jump out at you). Reversing color polarity can have a similar beneficial effect.

Note, this is about _proof_ reading, not copyediting.

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]