Weird Word Quirk

Subject: Weird Word Quirk
From: "Bray" <nini -dot- writer -at- web -dot- de>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:26:26 +0200

From: "Westbrook,Beth" <beth -dot- westbrook -at- dhs -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>

I'm pretty new at my current job and inherited my predecessor's PC and
whatever quirks it has. For some reason, every time I print a document in
MS Word with a page count field it prints as the page number instead (1 of
1, 2 of 2, etc.). Deleting the field and re-inserting doesn't help, but
printing the same document from another PC does fix the problem. Has anybody
else ever encountered this?

I hope I get this right. It's the first time I am trying to post - ever!

It seems like you are using Word 2000 without the 2. Service Release.
This was a bug and the 2. Service Release fixed this. Ask your Admin
to download and install it from Microsoft if you don't have the necessary
PC user rights.

The page numbering would work on other PCs if they had older or newer
versions of Word, or have already installed the 2. Service Release.

Hope this helps.