RE: technical writer degree programs

Subject: RE: technical writer degree programs
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:56:25 -0400

In many interviews with companies, I have not yet been asked if I even have
a degree, let alone what field it was in. Someone did ask once about my SAT
scores...

Many government contracts specify a degree requirement for senior tech
writer positions, and some of these will not accept years of work experience
in lieu of a degree. But they're not too particular about the exact field of
the degree, so anything in the approximate neighborhood of
English/Journalism/Tech Writing will do for them.

YMMV

Dan Goldstein