Re: India

Subject: Re: India
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 05:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

> Jobs are not only moving to India. Companies
> are moving Indian (and other) workers over here to
> take over our jobs. It's happening right here in my
> job! The Company has hired an Indian owner of a
> company and he is slowly moving them in...two so far
> with more to come. They are getting away with it
> through the L1 Visa Program.
>
> This is a loophole in the immigration law that
> allows large corporations to bring in foreign
> workers for up to 7 years, pay them less, and
> replace good paying American jobs held by American
> citizens.

You know, ethnocentrism and/or bigotry is a dangerous
thing, no matter what side you're on. Now, you might
be afraid that your new Indian owner and his two new
hires are plotting to take over your company, but...

And really think about this now...

Is it uncommon for someone to step into a leadership
role and opt to hire people he/she knows to be good at
what they do? Is it uncommon to bring in skilled labor
from other parts of the world to put their expertise
to good use?

Is it acceptable to think that a three-foreigner
increase in your company is symptomatic of a problem?

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com