indexing software for Intranet

Subject: indexing software for Intranet
From: eileenn -at- the-wire -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:15:11 -0400

Hi Whirlers,

I'm planning a redesign of a largish Intranet site. I'd like to add a site map
and / or an index. As it has between 600 to 1,000 pages, it's a daunting task
to do this manually. I've been checking out the indexing software advertised on
this list, and it looks very helpful. Does anyone have any experience with HTML
Indexer or a similar program?

I also need a site map. Is there software out there that will help create one?
Would an indexing program also help with a site map?

TIA,
Eileen Neumann
Toronto