RE: India

Subject: RE: India
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:47:10 -0400

> Now, that's an interesting mental picture. Children go
> to school, where
> the teacher is just the holographic image of a person with
> a heavy Elbonian
> accent, teaching our kids how to read...While in the
> hallway, is a sign
> which reads, "Security Guard. In case of an emergency,
> call this toll-free
> number."

> Diane Evans
> Technical Writer

In university many of my teachers were far less comprehensible than a
simple "heavy accent". Now granted in that case they were imported
Elbonians and not the overseas/outsourced kind.

But as long as they gave me the education I required, at a cost I could
afford, to get me marketable skills, why exactly should I care?

If the knowledge I gained is now stale, who's fault is that?

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer