RE: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's

Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's
From: "Hoyt, Karen" <Karen -dot- Hoyt -at- pyxis -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:28:58 -0700

From: Michele Davis [mailto:michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com]

<<Hello, I looked up this Fry's phenomenon that some of you are so
thrilled about, and all I found was that it is owned by the Kroger
Grocery Store chain, which isn't a designer grocery store to me, but
perhaps I'm wrong.>>

This is a different chain. The others are talking about Fry's Electronics: http://www.frys.com/. I don't think we have Fry's grocery stores on the west coast, but I've been to the ones in Arizona, and they seem to just be regular old grocery stores.

<<I'd appreciate illumination. If it can compete with:
http://www.byerlys.com/, then I'm all for it!>>

Okay -- how do we get Byerly's to open a store in San Diego? I'll be more than happy to help them unpack.

Cheers,

Karen Hoyt