RE: Looking for a tip on finding a technical publisher...

Subject: RE: Looking for a tip on finding a technical publisher...
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: 'Bonnie Granat' <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:51:50 -0400

> > -- It just struck me writing this that I should go to Borders
> > or B&N and copy names of publishers -- Thanks! You've helped
> > me already.

How about this:

Go to the BN.com web site for technical documentation:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/professional

From the Book Browser side panel, pick your category of book...let's say
Applications and Software...there's lots of categories.

You get a list of books...might be thousands.

About half way down on the Book Browser side panel, you'll see a section
called "Featured Publishers/More Featured Publishers". Click it. Depending
on the publisher you choose, you'll also see what kind of books that
publisher handles to know who might be closest to your specialty.

Beats walking the bookstore rows, unless you like that kinda thing.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.