These Two Matters, Matters to Me!

Subject: These Two Matters, Matters to Me!
From: Ananda Ganesh <anandg -at- netcontinuum -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:58:26 +0530

Friends,

I like to pose questions on two matters, and request your valuable
suggestions.

1. About a Ph.D. program

I want to do a Ph.D. in Technical Writing. In India, there is less scope
and organisations even for a course, let alone a doctorate program. Being
futuristic, and optimistic, I have decided to do something in it. The
questions are,

a. Are there any institute in US (or anywhere in the world, including
India) offers a Ph.D., program? If so,
a.1. What are the qualifications expected for applying for it?
a.2. Among the institutes which offers quality program
(comparatively) ?
a.3. How many years of experience will help in such an undertaking
(whatever be the problem taken in the program)? I mean, to apply for Ph.D.,
how many years of experience in the field will be helpful and required?
a.4. Is it possible to do a Ph.D., as part-time? From which
institute?

2. About Home work

It is my experience that a time allocated for improving our skill in
"writing," and "learning tools" is of immense value. Apart from official
hours (8 - 12) a day, how a techwriter can schedule it? (I feel that
atleast 7-8 hours of sleep help clear focusing in work) If not possible on
the week days, is it possible at the week ends?

How you people manage? I solicit your tips.

--
Sincerely,

AnandG
Technical Writer
NetContinuum India Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore

Phone : 080 - 512 16050/51/52/53 Ext: 190

Know What do You Want.
Do What Makes You Feel Good.
Understand What Brings Harmony With Others.