Re: PHD in Tech writing

Subject: Re: PHD in Tech writing
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:32:16 -0400

"Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- ca -dot- stilo -dot- com> wrote> We now have an enormous oversupply
of technical writers, with the schools
> apparently continuing to turn out more.

As a grad of a tech writing program myself, I take issue with the premise
that schools are capable of turning out technical writers. It's something
you learn on the job.