Re: "Thanks for coming in"

Subject: Re: "Thanks for coming in"
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 07:36:16 -0700

> But I'm curious: has anyone ever got a job after
> hearing "Thanks for coming in"?

Yep. My current job started with such a comment, but only after they had given me a tour of the facility :)

A *really* good interview ends with "So when can you start?"

I got that a few times as well, when I was a contractor. My favorite (which I didn't take, since I had accepted a job the day before), was during the height of the dot-com era. I got a call, "I just found your resume. Can you start at 8:00 tomorrow morning?" I would have liked to apply for the job or have an interview first...

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963