Re: Tacit vs. explicit knowledge (take III)

Subject: Re: Tacit vs. explicit knowledge (take III)
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

This is hard to follow on-line.

Can someone write a summary of each, Tacit and
Explicit.

I've got $40,000 of my own cash riding on this--should
I spend it on a PHD in tech writing or an engineering
degree in the field I write about (or blow it on a new
Corvette????)

<g>

Seriously, I write about engineering software. I feel
a burning need to assume my audience are engineers
with degrees and little experience. I take it from
there--walking, digging fence post holes, and ancient
greek heroes (or was it dinosaurs--Promegaladon??)
don't enter into it. Maybe a PHD in technical writing
could figure it out and write a paper for us on it.

Cheers,

Sean

P.S. I learned to walk a long time ago, but never
really to run very well. I wonder if I need more
experience or a PHD in running to better figure it out?