RE: RE: Job Trends (was: India)

Subject: RE: RE: Job Trends (was: India)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: mbaker -at- ca -dot- stilo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 08 Sep 2003 18:54:51 GMT

That's true. When surveyed they'll return comments such as
"the documents suck," but not know or care that one reason
why they may "suck" is poor sentence structure or spelling.
Usually, they'll be complaining about the fact that the
docs don't contain the information they need or are so
badly organized that it can't be easily found. Almost never
do I see docs criticized because of their bad sentence
structure, grammar or spelling, but I have seen docs with
all of these errors still rated highly, because their
authors knew the subject matter well enough to know what
information to include, what to exclude and where to put it.
I'd much rather deal with manuscripts by people who are bad
writers but technically adept; they're a lot easier to fix
than what's turned out by people who are the other way
around.

Gene Kim-Eng