RE: "Thanks for coming in"

Subject: RE: "Thanks for coming in"
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:20:32 -0500

It is probably just a verbal tic like "have a nice day", "see ya", or "paper
or plastic". I will have to check with my boss, but I think they thanked me
for coming in for my interview here.

They thanked me for coming to the restaurant I ate at last night. I can
only assume that they want me back.

So, no. I don't think it is secret code for "don't call us, we'll call
you". HOWEVER, it could be secret code for "we have not made up our minds
yet so we are being blandly,
you-can't-sue-us-for-making-any-implicit-promises neutral".