Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:42:26 -0700 (PDT)

> We don't yet know what products Joe Average will
> need to understand.
> Perhaps a hand-held mass spectrometer, or a pocket
> blood pressure gauge.
> Maybe it won't be the techwriters per se but the
> technical marketing
> people who bear the brunt of helping the Averages
> understand what Zoloft
> or Zantac or Havrix can do for them and why they
> should care about it.
> Key phrases in your post: "buy this stuff and
> stimulate the economy".

You assume a biomed tech writer will be focused on
product. In many cases, this will not be true. Rather,
the technical writer will be responsible for creating
a documentation repository for research notes,
findings, and fully document process and environmental
elements related tot he research being conducted. This
research may sometimes result in positive findings fit
for patent and production of *something*, at which
point a tech writer of a different color will take the
research notes and related documentation and make
something that's marketable form it.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com