RE: PHD in Tech writing

Subject: RE: PHD in Tech writing
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: 'Andrea Brundt' <andrea_w_brundt -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:39:40 -0400

>Maybe "defend" is a poor word choice -- it suggests an adversarial process.
>Maybe "discuss intelligently" is better?

Discuss works SO much better for me.

Every sentence can have multiple ways of being written. Different ways
elicit different results. I discuss the intended results and it's
ramifications to what I've written often.

Actually, I once did have to defend how I wrote something...it had to do
with how I described a time interval...and all I did was give her the page
number in the MMOS and she went away.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.