Re: Interviewing Books

Subject: Re: Interviewing Books
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:18:47 -0600

I don't understand what you're asking - are you looking to learn how to
interview tech writers, or to get hired as one?

The best interviewing book I know for job hunters is Martin Yate's "Knock
'Em Dead," which he updates and reissues annually. While it is not
specific to tech writers (or any other profession), the tips in the book
really work, despite how corny some of them may seem.

For interviewing and hiring tech writers, I found some useful information
in "The Unofficial Guide to Hiring and Firing People" by Alan Horowitz,
but again it's not specific to tech writing.

Hope this helps. There are also tons of interviewing suggestions in the
archives here.

Keith Cronin

America needs more tech writers.
And more milkmen, too.