RE: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: RE: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: JPosada -at- book -dot- com
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:52:53 -0700

Diane...correct me if I'm wrong, and I think you are an exception, but for
the most part, for a company to consider a writer for anything involving 21
CFR/11, they want Software QA and Validation as a required skill.

I am really in a strange position. I was hired because the company needed a tech writer onsite (when the company was bought by Merck, they had to spin off the division with all the tech writers).

So, we spent a year building a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). When it was time to release LIMS, someone said, "Who's going to test the system?" I said, "I tested a web site once." I was assigned to the task.

I now have lots of QA and Validation skills, but they have all been acquired since I was hired a year ago.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es