RE: Prolegomenon and preface/decalogue

Subject: RE: Prolegomenon and preface/decalogue
From: "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 04:59:26 -0400

Kim writes:
> In its defence as a technical document, the
> Bible *does* have chapter and section numbers
> (in a manner of speaking), as well as a numbered list
> (echoed later in the document for user convenience).

Actually the list is neither numbered nor captioned
for what it is. Only by agreed tradition do we pick
it out of its context, and only by conflicting tradition
do we divide it into items one way or another...

Mark L. Levinson
Herzliya, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

http://mail2web.com/ .