Interdepartmental Projects

Subject: Interdepartmental Projects
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:09:34 -0500

I wanted to start this thread a few weeks ago when I first encountered
this problem, but for one reason or another did not. I was curious how
many other people have found themselves in my position. I currently work
in what is called the Operations department, but recently found myself
doing some documentation for the Marketing department. I am in the
Operations department and their respective budget. Working outside of
the Operations department but still getting paid essentially by the
Operations department cause a small amount of friction. I should note
that the Marketing department does not have their own tech writer.

Anyway, I was curious how many of you are in a similar situation as
myself and have been approached by other departments within your company
wanting you to do some work for them.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...